March 12, 2020
At Circle Drive Preschool, the safety of our students and staff is our first priority. We wanted to share with you the measures our school has in place to address the COVID-19 public health situation.
Our school has a response plan in place and we are already taking preventative measures. Our caretaking staff has increased sanitization throughout our building. Focus is being given to sanitizing push-pull points and frequently touched surfaces, such as door handles, water fountain buttons, desks, countertops, sinks, and taps.
While we are reviewing hygiene practices with students during the day, we ask that you review the following hygiene practices at home with your family:
- Practice proper coughing and sneezing etiquette (into the bend of your elbow);
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick; and,
- Don’t share water bottles, eating utensils, electronic devices, or food.
As always, we ask that if your child is sick, please keep your child home from school.
If you’re returning from traveling to any country on the Canadian government Travel Health Advisory, we are asking you not bring your child to Preschool for 2 weeks after your return.
If you have any concerns about their health (or yours) you can call the provincial HealthLine at 811 for advice and support. Information and updates regarding COVID-19 are available on www.saskatchewan.ca/
Helpful posters and other hygiene information can be accessed at www.germsmart.ca.
Please contact the Preschool if you have questions.
Bronwen McRae, Debbie Andrie, Shanna Friesen